http://gofreshnation.com/wp-content/uploads/img_weightlosstips.jpg 369 600 freshnation http://gofreshnation.com/wp-content/uploads/fresh-gw1.png freshnation2017-05-27 17:35:352017-05-27 17:53:37Five Tips for Losing Weight
5 Tips for Losing Weight
- Create awareness of what you are actually eating. Keep a food log and track your meals. You may be surprised at how many little “extras” you fit into your day. Often, they can add up to the same calories as an entire meal.
- Exercise consistently. You can only reduce your calories by so much before you burn out of energy or slow down your metabolism. Therefore, exercise is a great opportunity to increase your calorie deficit and increase results. When possible, weight training and functional interval training are the most effective. Also, psychologically, it reinforces us to eat well and stay on track when we exercise regularly.
- Hydrate. It’s true that hunger can be mistaken for thirst, and drinking water can make you feel fuller. Water also aids in metabolism. Active women should aim for about 3 liters, and men should aim for 4 liters. A great way to enjoy drinking water is adding slices of fruit, lemon, lime, or mint. Sparkling water is also a great way to switch things up.
- Eat slow-digesting, nutrient-rich carbohydrates (think: higher fiber and full of vitamins and minerals). Portion-control is still important, however, because too much of the right carbohydrates can still trigger fat-storage and inflammation. Some great sources are brown or wild rice, quinoa, beans, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, winter squash and other vegetables.
- Have a good source of protein with every meal. Protein is satiating (keeps you fuller, longer), reduces blood sugar spikes, and requires more energy to break it down – causing you to burn more calories during digestion than other foods.
Contact Stephanie Brust today for a complimentary diet assessment. email@example.com